Garner predicts that by 2026, non-fungible token (NFT) gamification will propel an enterprise into the top 10 highest-valued companies. By 2024, 50% of publicly listed companies will have some sort of NFT underpinning their brand and/or digital ecosystem presence. Are you ready to manage the NFT storm?
Who should attend? Technical and business leaders with a keen interest in understanding blockchain and NFT concepts. The workshop is split into two sessions to cover fundamentals before deep diving into technical implementation details. This session has been created for faculty interested in teaching blockchain and NFT in their courses.
What topics are covered in the first session? overview of blockchain, NFT with real-world examples
- What is blockchain?
- What are tokens? What is an NFT?
- Technology landscape overview (enterprise perspective)
- Token standards
- Use Cases / Examples
- NFT market predictions
- Q&A session
The second session is a technical deep-dive workshop for developers that want a hands-on experience. You will need to be familiar with the material from the first session to get full value from this technical session. You will need prior Hyperledger Fabric prior coding experience to participate.
What is included in the technical deep-dive second session?
- Basics of the Auction Application
- Auction App versus Typical public blockchain implementations
- Auction App code structure
- Hands-on using the application – Launching, Registering, Creating an NFT, Transfer Transaction
- Homework on adding changes to support another type of media (e.g., music)
- Engaging with the Community and the Lab
Mohan Venkataraman, Puneet Singh, Aashish Shrestha, and Dilip Manjunatha will run the technical session.
The auction application code is being donated to Hyperledger Fabric Labs by Chainyard. It will be available to HBCUs and the broader community to download, learn, and enhance outside the workshop.
Introductory Video: Watch this video about blockchain and NFTs from UCLA Professor David MacFadyen covers some of the basics to help you understand this new technology.